I was lucky that many of them had recent releases, and was able to read and/or review books by Mary Balogh, Nora Roberts, Elizabeth Bear, Sarah Mayberry, Carrie Lofty, Nalini Singh, Lisa Dale, Alex Jeffers and Steve Berman. And since I love to 'discover' new-to-me authors, there a few of those in there too. I'll be following up by reading Catherine Lundoff, Sally MacKenzie and Annika Martin. :)
As you can see, May was definitely a great month!
May Books Read: 20
Historical Romance: 6
Paranormal Romance/Sci-fi: 1
LGBT: 7 (Fantasy=2, Romance=5)
1. The Proposal by Mary Balogh: B-
2. Range of Ghosts (Eternal Sky #1) by Elizabeth Bear: A-
3. Silver Moon by Catherine Lundoff: B
4. Firooz and His Brother (Free Short Story from Wonder Stories) by Alex Jeffers: *NG
5. The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro #2) by Nora Roberts: C+
6. College Boys by Daisy Harris: C
7. Addicted to You by Bethany Kane: C+
8. Under Her Uniform by Victoria Janssen: B-
9. A Promise of Safekeeping by Lisa Dale: B+
10. The Charm School by Susan Wiggs: B+
11. Boys of Summer edited by Steve Berman: B
12. The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin: B
13. Hard Tail by J.L. Merrow: B
14. Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry: B+
15. Frog by Mary Calmes: C+
16. A Little More Scandal by Carrie Lofty: B+
17. Bedding Lord Ned (Duchess of Love #1) by Sally MacKenzie: B-
18. Permanently Legless by J.L. Merrow: C+
19. The Seduction of Phaeton Black by Jillian Stone: (Upcoming Review)
20. Tangle of Need (Psy/Changeling #11) by Nalini Singh: B
*NG = No grade yet, will save it for the book release (Great story though!)
If you go by my grades, my top reads last month were Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear, Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry, A Little More Scandal by Carrie Lofty, The Charm School by Susan Wiggs, and A Promise of Safekeeping by Lisa Dale. However, those "B" grades were really enjoyable too!
How about you? Did you find any treasures in your book pile last month?
Great list... I really want to try Elizabeth Bear and I love the cover for Steve Berman's book The Touch of Sea.ReplyDelete
Mariana, I had fun reading in May. I've enjoyed Elizabeth Bear's books and she has a great backlist. You have a lot of choices. The cover for the Touch of the Sea is really good! As most of the covers from Lethe, it fits the contents of the book quite well.Delete
Awesome list!! You read some pretty great stuff in MAY!ReplyDelete
I did, Alex! I enjoyed my month's reading. :)Delete
An awesome month for you, Hils! Lucky!! And that was very cool for your blogiversary that many of your favorite authors had new releases :PReplyDelete
Can't wait to read your review for the Jillian Stone! It kind of went back to my TBR pile ^_^;
I enjoyed the reading, and all that energy I had for reviewing my books as I read them, Nath. If only I could keep it up. LOL!Delete
I'll let you know soon about the Jillian Stone book. Note that it took me almost a whole month to finish it. O_o!!
Oh no! that doesn't bode well!Delete
Great month Hils! I still need to read the Mayberry and I've been thinking of trying Ms. Stone but I'll wait & for your thoughts.ReplyDelete
Leslie, the Mayberry! Read that one first. *g*Delete
Great month! I discovered Syd McGinley's Dr Fell series last month...and Gillibran Brown's books...and fell in love :)ReplyDelete
And I love the cover of The Seduction of Phaeton Black!
Orannia, I'll have to look up those books, I love your recs. :)Delete
The cover of The Seduction of Phaeton Black is what made me wnat to read the book in the first place. I found it interesting.
Great month, Hils! Lots of books there I'd love to read. I hope to get to that Elizabeth Bear book over the summer.ReplyDelete
There are some really good books in that list, Christine. And of course, I definitely recommend Range of Ghosts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.Delete