Update & Impressions of a Reader Turns 7!
- My 7th blogiversary and a commentary on the current status of my reading and blogging woes.
…On the 2016 Locus Award Finalists List
- I loved this list of Locus Award Finalists. I posted my list of books read, but most importantly, a list of books I already own and WANT to read.
- Update: I have already read one book on that list, and began reading a second. See? It works!
Tonight: Reading vs. Reviewing
- Struggling to choose between writing a review and picking up a book I desperately wanted to read. Everyone agreed that I should read! I did!
I missed posting on Thursday, so I'm behind one post for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. Reason? Worked late, fried brain! I deemed it best not to even try posting a picture! :)
Want to Read: Romance, Fantasy, LGBT Spec Fic, UF
- May releases I want to read. I already downloaded Only Beloved by Mary Balogh because I'm a huge fan of the author, and I've enjoyed a few books from this series. Also downloaded The Summer Dragon by Todd Lockwood. This fantasy was a random pick on part mainly because well… Dragons! I'm hoping it will be a good choice.
- In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to Tuesday and the release of 'Nathan Burgoine's new novel, Triad Blood. I loved his first novel Light, plus, he is a favorite LGBT author whose works (short fiction definitely included) I try not to miss.
- Then there is All Fixed Up by Linda Grimes, another random pick on my part. I chose this book because it is urban fantasy with humor. I need humor in my life, so why not?
- And last, but not least, Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan is part of her "From Manhattan with Love" contemporary romance series. Romance set in New York? Enough said!
Review: Ancillary Mercy (Trilogy #3) by Ann Leckie
- And finally on Saturday, I wrote and posted a complete review (no mini). This is the science fiction book from the Locus list that I finished this week. Also the book that I was reading Wednesday night! So worth it!!