I dedicated half of September to re-reads, while I kept Mariana company during her Re-reads Month and really enjoyed reading loved/favorite books. My biggest problem was choosing them. An interesting note: I noticed that most of my comfort or favorite books are in the "B" category (B, B+) -- yes some of them are A's, but very few. Does that happen to you?
And finally I do have Challenge Updates this month. After four months of not reading or reviewing any books for the In-Death Challenge, my block was broken and I'm again on a roll again! I also finally began reading the book I chose for Orannia's BIG BOOK Challenge, Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey, and *drum roll* I finished reading and next week will be posting my last review for Anasthezea's 2010 M/M Romance Challenge. Yes!
Here are my September reads:
Total books read: 22
New reads: 11
Favorite book AND Biggest Surprise this month?
- Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie: A
Tracy's blog saying so and her answer was... "Girlfriend, what are you thinking?" So, she very generously sent me a second copy as a gift and sure enough I gobbled up that book. Tracy was right, what the heck was I thinking?! What fun! Just... what fun! So yeah [sigh] late to the party, but had a great time anyway. :DBiggest Disappointment
here.Complete List of Books Read
- Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas (Re-read): B
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles (Re-read): A
- Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger (Re-read): A
- Cullen's Bride by Fiona Brand (Re-read): B+
- Ceremony in Death by J.D. Robb: B-
- Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb: B+
- Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard (Re-read): A-
- Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard: C
- Blue Moon (Under the Boardwalk Anthology) by Linda Howard: B-
- Overload (Summer Sensations Anthology) by Linda Howard: B
- StarCrossed 1:Demon Tailz by McLeod & Valentine (Re-read): B+
- StarCrossed 2:Opposite Ends of the Spectrum by McLeod & Valentine (Re-read):B+
- Reckless Seduction by Amanda Young (Re-red): B-
- Reckless Behavior by Amanda Young (Re-read): B
- Tabula Rasa by Tori Temple (Re-read): B+
- Marrying McCabe by Fiona Brand: C
- Truly, Madly by Heather Webber (Upcoming Review)
- Once a Father by Kathleen Eagle: (Upcoming Review)
- Shamara (Shielder, Book 3) by Catherine Spangler (Re-read): B-
- In Enemy Hands by KS Augustin: (Upcoming Review)
- Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie: (Upcoming Review)
- The Doctor's Wife by Cheryl St. John: (Upcoming Review)
Welcome back Hilcia. You sounded relaxed! I won't be able to take a time off until December. I'm currently in between deadlines and family events and readings and finals and all!ReplyDelete
Oh I'm glad you're also coming back to the In Death Series reading mood. I"m finishing up my Interlude ID soon...very soon...like really really soon...
I think some comfort reads are comfort reads because of certain parts/characters of the story but we don't love everything in the book. We love those parts enough to overlook the parts we don't love which equals the B grades.ReplyDelete
Dang - I need to start my read for Orannia's challenge. Claire & Jamie here I come. :)
LOL, most of my re-reads are favorites and as such, I'm completely biased and so they are As LOL.ReplyDelete
Very good month for you, Hils! So, are you planning to read more of Jennifer Crusie?!?
I'm really looking forward to your review of Truly, Madly!!
September was a good month for me as I read a lot of books from my TBR pile :P
Natalie, I'm sure you're hoping December gets here soon! I'm finally enjoying the In-Death series again -- I'm picking up Holiday in Death this week already! :)ReplyDelete
Leslie, I think you're absolutely right about those comfort reads and/or re-reads -- at least some of them. Enjoy Jamie and Claire, I still need to pick the last book in that series.
Nath, lol! I feel that way about some books... they are As no matter what. :D I am DEFINITELY reading more Crusie books, I've already downloaded some samples of other books through my Kindle account. Now I have to choose my next read. I liked Truly, Madly! I did!
Oh hitting your TBR is good, Nath. I read only read three newly acquired books, the rest were from my TBR or re-reads. I'm behind on purchases... waiting for October to do it all at once. :)
Some really great reads last month.ReplyDelete
I'm SOOOOO happy that you liked the Crusie. Bet Me is another favorite of mine - and a lot of other people too.
And you re-read Almost Like Being in Love. Another absolute favorite of mine. I just sigh when I see the name! :)