Sorry I'm late wishing you all a happy holiday but I was quite busy! I had a terrific holiday. A few weeks ago, Nath told me that her sister Emilie wanted to spend a weekend in New York City for her birthday. The two of them planned on driving down from Canada, and it just so happens that I live right across the City! So we planned and plotted and after a few bumps (Nath got sick!) next thing we knew, they were down here and we were having a wonderful time. We walked, walked and walked some more in NYC and we shopped, shopped and shopped some more in New Jersey (well, they shopped... I dropped, lol). Then Christine joined us Saturday afternoon and we had a great evening, book shopping (Nath can really book shop!), discussing books and we had a nice dinner by the Hudson River.
|Nath and Emilie!|
Nath is just so lovely! And Emilie is the sweetest... my family and I fell in love with both of them. Nath came bearing gifts -- books of course! She knows that I'm about to go on a Jennifer Crusie reading binge and brought me some good ones, plus! Here they are:
- Jennifer Crusie: Strange Bedpersons, Getting Rid of Bradley, Man Hunting, What the Lady Wants, Fast Women, Trust Me on This, Anyone But You. I can't wait to get started on these!
- Carolyn Brown: One Lucky Cowboy, Lucky in Love. I've been wanting to read these books by Carolyn Brown for since last year! I saw Leslie's great review for One Lucky Cowboy and wrote the title and author down on my TBB list. Now I can finally begin the series.
- Cherry Adair: Edge of Danger, Edge of Darkness, Edge of Fear. I'm curious about this series and Adair is another one of those authors I just keep bypassing... so this is my chance!
- Anne Bishop: The Tir Alainn Trilogy (The Pillars of the World, Shadows and Light, The House of Gaian). This is another series I've had on my TBB list! AND, I have the Black Jewels Trilogy by Bishop in my TBR pile already, so yes... I'll be reading Bishop.
Of course, I had to buy some books when we went to Borders, but I was GOOD! I only bought the books I had on my list for September and October. :)
- The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook... (Yay, I finished reading this one already!)
- Killbox by Anne Aguire, FINALLY more Jax!
- Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews... OMG, I can't wait to read it!
- Double Cross by Carolyn Crane... more Justine!
- AND, from the books I highlighted in my Cowboys & More Cowboys post, I chose to buy Cade Coulter's Return by Lois Faye Dyer in print.
I loved meeting Nath in person and I know we'll be seeing more of each other in the near future. :D Thank you for everything Nath and Emilie, I had the best of times! AND, I hope you had a good time and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMILIE!