I also redecorated just in time for the celebration and am enjoying the new set up. My old template was giving me problems and it was time for a change. I took the opportunity to create new pages and now My Reviews, Reviews at Musings, 2010 Reads, 2009 Reads, and Disclosure & Rating can be accessed by clicking on the above tabs. 2010 reads are kept by month and 2009 Reads are in alphabetical order by author. There are links everywhere! Yes I know... the organizational bug bit me and I'm enjoying it.
Then last week the Book Expo America and Book Blogger Con were held in New York City, and although I was NOT able to attend either, I did have the opportunity to meet up with KMont of Lurv a la Mode (and hubby) for drinks and a few hours of conversation. It was a treat and a half meeting up with such a warm and wonderful couple. We had a great time just shooting the breeze. :)
When it comes to reading, I was a bit lazy. I didn't make two of my challenges this month. I'm late posting my review for the Re-read Challenge, and I'll be doing a two/fer for the In-Death Challenge in June. But hey, a certain little book thief stole Ceremony in Death right from under me so I couldn't read it on time. My daughter has become a huge fan of Eve and Roarke and is devouring the books at an amazing speed. ;P On the bright side, I did a bit of catching up on the M/M Romance Challenge and read and posted a few reviews this month.
On to my May reads! Total books read: 15 (complete list here)
My favorite reads this month? Well, there were quite a few and three of them by Josh Lanyon:
- Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews: A
- The Endearment by Lavryle Spencer: A
- The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mysteries, #3) by Josh Lanyon: A
- Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mysteries, #4) by Josh Lanyon: A-
- The Dark Tide (Adrien English Mysteries, #5) by Josh Lanyon: A
- Romance of Lust or Early Experiences by Anonymous: NG* Romance of Lust or Early Experiences by Anonymous is a Victorian erotic tale published in 1873-1876 in four volumes. It is believed that it was written by either William Simpson Potter or Edward Sellon and it is considered an erotic literary classic. However, I found the subject matter to be quite controversial and I'll be posting my thoughts on these volumes later on.
My biggest disappointment?
- Storm Watch by Jill Shalvis: C-
*NG means "No Grade." I have two NG books this month, Labyrinth by Lois McMaster Bujold and Romance of Lust or Early Experiences by Anonymous.
Labyrinth by Lois McMaster Bujold is part of the Borders of Infinity novel. After reading this short story, I decided that unlike The Mountains of Mourning, it doesn't stand well on its own. I definitely need to start reading the Vorkosigan series from the beginning in order to do this short story justice.
How about you? This was a great month for new releases... did you read lots of good ones?