Challenge Update: I did meet all my Challenges this month. I posted my 2010 Historical Challenge review earlier this month. I read, posted my list and a comment for the In-Death Challenge and I'll be including a late Mini for the 2010 Re-read Challenge in this post.
Total Books Read: 15
New Reads: 12
Favorite books this month?
- His for the Holidays Josh Lanyon, Z.A. Maxfield, LB Gregg, Harper Fox: A-
- Havana and Other Missing Fathers by Mia Leonin: B+
- See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson: B+
- Duty and Devotion, Book 3 by Tere Michaels: B+
Nath's 2010 Read-Read Challenge November Mini:
- If You Desire by Kresley Cole
Balance of Books Read:
This book was fun, delicious and frustrating. Jane is a 'progressive' and she and her eight female cousins are outrageous and scandalous. They refer to Hugh as 'Tears and Years' because of all the tears and time Jane spent grieving for him. But by the time Hugh returns, she's more furious than heartbroken and once the two of them go into hiding, she makes his life impossible. She does everything in her power to seduce him and there's everything from sexual tension to sexual play and sweetness to hostility throughout the story. But Jane's modern outlook doesn't help her understand Hugh, and she comes off as more than a bit spoiled at times. Hugh loves her without barriers and in trying to protect her, he sometimes gives in too much. However, there's something about Hugh that I really love. It's probably the relentless love he felt for Jane and the whole Highlander aura. Grade B
- Fair Game by Josh Lanyon: Solid B
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan: B
- Faith and Fidelity, Book 1 by Tere Michaels: B
- The Dickens with Love by Josh Lanyon: B
- Burning Up by Sarah Mayberry: B
- Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb (Novella): B
- Coming Clean by Inez Kelley: B
- Love and Loyalty, Book 2 by Tere Michaels: C+
- If You Deceive by Kresley Cole (Re-read): B
- Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale (Re-read) : A+
So, how was your November? Any favorites or great recommendations?