Monday, May 30th
Photo: Pink Hydrangea Bush
- This pink hydrangea bush is right outside of my brother Alex's place. It was blooming and bursting with color and breathtaking beauty. The bees agreed!
- May 30th was Memorial Day, and I celebrated the day by posting a favorite list of books, with military content, heroes and/or heroines, read and reviewed throughout that past few years.
- Unfortunately, my favorite SF/Romance series, Dock-Five by Linnea Sinclair, was missing from my recommendation. BUT, I realized that I did review the last book of the series, Rebels and Lovers (Dock Five #4), as well as her fabulous stand-alone book Games of Command. I edited and added both books to my initial list. Now, I'm happy!
Review: Only Beloved (Survivor's Club #7) by Mary Balogh
- This is the last book of Mary Balogh's Survivor's Club historical romance series. I missed two books in this series that I will go back and read now, but I found at least two books I seriously loved!
- Only Beloved capped off the series quite nicely, with a giving man and a joyful woman willing to reach out to each other to achieve happiness in their lives. Romantic and beautiful.
30 Day Blog Challenge: Done!
- A wrap-up post for the 30 Day Blog Challenge, with a huge thanks to Ames who began it all!
- Here, a big thanks to every one of you who added your support. Believe me, that made the past month of daily posting worth it!
Highlighting: Homo Superiors by L.A. Fields
- A new June release by Lethe Press, Homo Superiors by L.A. Fields, grabbed my attention as soon as I read the summary! It's a modern day retelling of the 1920's real-life case of Leopold and Loeb. Check out their picture (Leopold on the left, Loeb on the right).
Friday, June 3rd
- Reading Day
- Caught up with a few short stories in Tom Cardamone's anthology, Night Sweats.
- Began reading Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan.
- Family Day: Attended my niece's 1st Communion! Afterwards, there was a big friends and family party to celebrate. It was a joyful day, and a fun, late, exhausting evening! Loved it!