I was tagged by Renee over at Renee's Book Addiction for this M/M meme, created by Kris at Kris ‘n’ Good Books.
This is the first meme I participate in and I think it's fitting that it should be about Manlove, especially after I went down memory lane/road this week. :) So, here are the rules as set by Kris.
1) Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly have a sticky beak.
2) You have to tag two other people once you're done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3) Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all.
Here is my cookie, one romantic twofer. Enjoy.
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
About two years.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
The Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader?
Yes, I'm out of the closet. ;P
4. Ebooks, print or both?
Mostly ebooks, but I have some of my favorites in print.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
I prefer to buy directly from the publishers, but will buy from secondary sellers sometimes.
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
I’m currently trying to make a dent on my M/M TBR pile. I don't really keep track, some weeks I buy more than others. I'd say average 3-5 M/M books per week, probably more.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
If I'm going to read the book, I skim the review & go back to read it after I'm finished. I don't like spoilers and like to have a fresh approach when I pick up a book. But yes, sometimes I'll read a review and it will make me pick up a book I would otherwise not have read. It depends on the story and the reviewer.
9. Who’s your fave publisher?
I don't have a favorite publisher, I have favorite authors. Although I love the quality coming out of Blind Eye Books.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
This is a tough one to answer. I have more than two because of the different sub-genres I enjoy reading. But, I'll choose Chris Owen for romance and Sean Michael for gay lit.
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
Yes, M/M historical romance. Can't read it, although I've tried.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks.
I'm not particular and enjoy both. In my experience, long, full and fat is quite enjoyable, but a good short one can be just as fulfilling. *g* (Books, of course I'm talking about books!)
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
Yes. None consensual sex scenes that attempt to pass as hot in BDSM, or badly done light BDSM. I do love smut though... it's glorious.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when…
...a top who has never bottomed is willing to switch anytime, anywhere.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
In romance it has to be insta lurv.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
Jake (Bareback by Chris Owen)/Rig(Jar Heads by Sean Michael)/René DuBois (Samantha Kane’s Islands)
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
Lord Foster's Devils by Ginn Hale.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale.
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
Steampunk & Yaoi will continue.
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Nooooo, Jake can't be killed. At least NOT until I start reading and catch up with this series, lol!
I tag for this M/M meme:
Indigene (aka/Cowboy Junkie)